I am dedicated to the holistic healing of the mind, body, and soul. With approximately 15 years of experience, I make a commitment to collaborate and support each one of my clients as they overcome barriers.
The journey of life isn’t always an easy one and sometimes we need some help to get through the unexpected struggles that get in the way of living a happy and healthy life. As therapists, we are blessed by our client’s willingness to trust and share openly about their lives. I am honored by the opportunity to facilitate the healing for each of my clients. Many people describe me as warm, understanding, and down to earth. I pride myself on integrity, commitment, and honesty.
For inspiration, guidance, tips and remedies for wellness.
Follow Wellness With Kini
For information on upcoming retreats, articles and news on emotional and mental health, and a community of support.
Follow Mind, Body, and Soul Page
In addition to my private practice, I am the Assistant Clinical Professor and Director of the Counseling and Forensic Psychology Graduate Program at Holy Names University in Oakland, CA. I also have the privilege of teaching and consulting for a number of higher education institutions. I come from a liberation and social justice lens when working with trauma associated with systemic oppression, social inequity, community violence, abuse and attachment, juvenile justice, and grief and loss. As an advocate for quality holistic, innovative, and accessible healthcare for all, I am also a member of the UCSF Integrative Health and Medicine Committee to integrate holistic and nontraditional forms of wellness and medicine into our healthcare to offer alternatives and culturally accommodating services.
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology: Marriage and Family Therapy, University of San Francisco
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Law, University of California, Riverside
License and Memberships
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, California (MFC78727)
- California Assn. Marriage and Family Therapists(CAMFT)
- California Assn. Marriage and Family Therapists- East Bay Chapter
Professional Training and Certifications
- Trained EMDR Level I, II, Advanced Defense Affect and Restructuring
- Attachment-Focused EMDR
- Intergenerational EMDR
- Trauma-Informed Yoga Nidra (Clinical Professionals)
- Gottman Couples Training Level I
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy(TF-CBT)
- Attachment, Regulation, Competency (ARC) Framework